Our ticket pricing explained
Each year when we plan Purpose we think carefully about how to make the budget for Purpose work and how to create a price point that is accessible to our core audience, while also covering our costs.
We know that not everyone can afford the door price, but it’s important to us that no one should be disadvantaged because of the cost. That’s why Wildwon offers a scholarship scheme, discounts for new startups, and the normal discounts you’d expect for students, people on pensions and people with disability.
In 2015 and 2016 we had a host of different pricing levels for social enterprises, B Corps, not-for-profits, government and corporate tickets.
As you can imagine, this was pretty confusing and some people weren’t sure what category they fit into. In addition, we received mixed feedback – it was too expensive for some, for others just right, and many people thought we didn’t charge enough.
What’s the plan for 2018?
The solution we came up with for Purpose 2018 was to simplify things into a single tier of tickets and continue to stage the ticket releases so that the earlier you purchase the more money you save.
We also made sure that we would be able to continue to accommodate not-for-profit organisations, students, social startups as well as people who couldn’t afford the ticket price for any number of personal or professional reasons, through discounted tickets. Visit our ticket page to let us know if you’d like to take up any of the discounts. Basically if you want to come, and need some support, we’ll do what we can to get you in at a discount of some sort.
A range of our partner organisations also receive discounts off Purpose tickets to share with their communities – this includes B Lab, Centre for Sustainability Leadership, Future Business Council and others who are part of the program, so do contact us (or them) if you belong to any of these communities.
And, finally, we also understand that paying for a ticket in one go can be a big hit out of one’s weekly budget! Or even out of your training budget if you’re buying for a group or organisation. So we made sure to choose a ticketing platform (the fab Universe) that would let you pay in instalments to make things much more manageable.
Looking at other similar conferences, Purpose is still at a very low price point compared to others that charge between $700-$1500 per day. But, for many of us, the Purpose ticket price is still a lot of money.
So what do you get for it?
- Two full days of Purpose bliss, out-of-this-world networking and mind-blowing content
- A unique and carefully curated experience that has been designed for and with people just like you
- A little black book of who’s who in the purpose-driven world – participants and speakers
- Healthy and delicious snacks to keep you going through the days and nights
- Ongoing engagement and follow-through via the Purpose alumni community
- An investment in your career or your business via skills, learning and networks
- Surprise performances
- A fully catered party
- A sustainably designed event
Compare Purpose to a standard business conference
Need more help convincing your boss?
Check out our Purpose Ticket Packages designed for getting teams along from large organisations.
Missed out on Early Bird tickets?
- Contact us if you think you might be eligible for a discount or you’d like to apply for a scholarship – we’re here to help you make it along to Purpose
- We have discounts for social enterprise, startups, creatives and awesome people of all kinds who may not be able to afford the full ticket price.
Purpose is more than a conference, it’s an experience you won’t forget, an inspiring event that will serve you long into your year, and a set of relationships that you will carry through your life and career.
We promise it won’t disappoint. See you there!
Founder and Managing Director
Wildwon & Purpose